Shipping and other policies
What will it cost to post?
- Postage within Australia is added at cost unless otherwise stated on the product page.
- Please note that I cannot be held responsible for mail once it has been posted. I recommend that you request registered post which will provide you up to $100 insurance.
- I mostly use pre-paid envelopes for patterns $1.30 for up to 2 patterns.
- I use pre-paid parcel post satchel which are $8 (up to 500g) or $10.30 (up to 3kg).
- for orders over $50 I send the items in express post satchels which are $8.40 (up to 500g) or $11.70 (up to 3kg)
- for orders over $100 I also send the items express post platinum satchels which adds $2 or $4.60 per parcel ($5 international) which requires signature of deliver, provides proof of posting and up to $100 insurance.
- If I price the parcel individually then this is because it is an odd size which won't fit into a parcel post satchel or if I am able to find a better way of posting it to you. I may charge a small amount for a specific envelope/box/packaging - generally this is at the Australia Post cost price.
- If you'd like a postage quote, please contact me.
- Postage outside Australia is based on which country you live in and the actual weight of the parcel. Postage is added at cost. Further details can be found at www.auspost.com.au . By way of example small patterns are letters which would cost up to $2.20 (50g), $4.30 (50-125g), $6.50 (125-250g) or $13.10 (250-500g). It depends on the pattern but one pattern is usually around 60g - so you can typically get 2 patterns posted for the same price as 1 pattern. For 4 patterns I would expect you would just be inside the $6.50 amount. If you would like a postage quote, please contact me. Over 500g the item is considered a parcel. Eg. For a 1kg parcel to the USA it is $28 or $33.40 for registered post.
When will it be posted?
- All products will be posted within 10 working days of receipt of the order unless I contact you to let you know otherwise or the product page shows the expected delivery date.
- Please contact me if the item is needed urgently for a present or similar and I will do my best to send it out earlier.
- I will contact you if the item is no longer in stock OR a longer period of time is needed before the product can be shipped.
- If any additional charges apply or if your order contains oversized items we will contact you.
- Any customs, duties or taxes are the responsibility of the customer.
If you have any questions feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
What if I want to cancel my order?
I charge a $5 fee for any canceled orders after the order has been received but before the item has been posted.
How can I pay?
We accept VISA and Mastercard.
- You can do this online or by phone 03 9399 4177.
- (Outside australia? Call +61 (3) 9399 4177)
- We do not post the goods paid for by VISA or Mastercard until we have charged your credit card and payment has been accepted.
- We do not charge your credit card until the goods are ready for posting.
We also accept payment in Australia by Australian residents by Money Order.
Post to PO Box 830 Williamstown VIC 3016.
We do not post the goods paid for by money order until the money order has cleared. This usually takes 3-5 working days after banking the cheque or money order before we can post the goods.
- We also accept payment by direct deposit into our bank account. If you would like to use this method please contact me by email or phone to organise.
What if I want to return the goods?
I hope that if you buy something from this site that you are 100% satisfied with what you receive.
- I have a 14-day return policy on items you are not satisfied.
- I will issue the refund when I receive the item which has been returned to me in its original condition & packaging.
- You are responsible for the postage costs.
- I will not refund shipping & handling charges.
- Sale items and cut yardage/meterage of fabric may not be returned.
- Due to copyright laws, patterns and books can not be returned.
We keep all customer information confidential and do not share this information with any one else.
For the Quilt Aid project, your details are entered into the central Quilt Aid databse if you registered and may be provided to the central Quilt Aid organiser.
Copyright & use of text & images
All original contents of this website, and In Stitches of Williamstown are copy right (C) 2011 Laura Lobb. All rights reserved. You may not copy, download, share or distribute any content of this site without first getting our (In Stitches of Williamstown) permission.
All images and photos on www.institches.com.au are the intellectual property of Laura Lobb. All rights reserved. Any use of any images on my website, including copying, downloading, sharing or distributing is prohibited unless you first obtain my agreement in writing.
What is the size of an Australian fat quarter and how is it different to an American fat quarter?
- American fat quarters are half a yard of fabric cut in half. Approx 18" x 1/2 the width of the fabric (usually approx 22")
- Australian fat quarters are half a metre of fabric cut in half. Approx 20" x 1/2 the width of the fabric (usually approx 22")
- On this site we sell Australia fat quarters - which are bigger - unless we note that they are American fat quarters.